kira
versus
the sea

artist/band: The Civil Wars
telly on: on everything Josh Hutcherson
soundtrack: Summer House - Gold Motel
flick: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
book: Star Girl - Jerry Spinelli


"The fool looks at a finger that points to the sky."

- Amelie





You know I love you, don't be a fool.

hullo stranger



Kira de Ocampo. Singer-Songwriter. Creative Writing student in UP Diliman. I am basically a grandma inside a 21-year-old body.



Gmail | Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook | Myspace Music | Youtube | Facebook Music Page
8.27.2007 @ 7:49:00 AM
One Tragic Day 14.02.05

I wrote this last two years ago, and I found it hidden in far-end archives from my former blog, Name on the Wall. It's about one of the tragedies of me and my family's life. The day we lost our Uncle. On Hearts' Day.

Rest in peace,

Uncle Alex "Chico"Concepcion

Nov 14, 1962 - Feb 14, 2005

We will miss you so much, but we know you're already in God's Hands right now.

"Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Tito (uncle in english) Chico has always been a very kind uncle. I remember the nicest thing he ever did to me was when i was around 6. Because I have this really huge wound on my knee, I can't walk. So he carried me in order for me to. he would also call me up whenever one of my favorite musicians are featured on tv and tell me, "Kira, open the tv on channel ___, ______ is there."

It was true that Tito was a symbol of pure love. all he wanted to do was to be with my grandparents and take care of them. he never bothered to get married just to take care of them. he also just wanted us to stay together, and he would call us up to have a gathering everytime someone would celebrate his or her birthday. he would also leave a message on our answering machine telling the birthday celebrant "happy birthday".

He would even eat the fat on my barbeque. It's something I really won't do, ever, but those were on of my memories.

Yeah, I'll really miss the big guy who sits around there at the round table, holding his ear, and asking us for a bless. He would go "O, bless muna..." (that's in filipino, dudes, sorry, I can't translate it right now). Now there's no one who would do the same when we'll come to visit our granparent's house.

We love our Tito Chico, but we took his presence for granted. It was something really so bad. "Marami kaming pagkukulang kay Chico," my mom said, telling everyone who came to the chapel.

It was all like a weird dream. It's as if it wasn't real. But it was. My tito Chico died that morning last Feb 14, 2005. It was really a shcoking news for all of us.

It was a short life. 42, right? Yes, 42. It was hard letting go of our uncle, but if it is already his time, it's already his time. We know he's already in God's heaven and how perfect he is right now. No sickness will bother him, no worries. I'm sure he's happy up there.

"You will always be a special part of us... You will always be a special memory... We'll remember you, wherever we may be..."

0 comments back to top?
monthly archive

April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 June 2010 October 2010 November 2010 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 March 2012
recent entries

That's Sooo Frickin Awesome, like.. WOW. :)) T-T-T-AAGGED!!?? No Remembering Is this the beginning of our last chance? Confession #.. uhh.. 275. I So Don't Know HA....PPY?! :)) sicksicksick (today) bumming around school such bad fall = such bad day.
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS