10.19.2010 @ 12:19:00 AM
Do Not Awaken Love
Solomon's Song of Songs is romantic in epic proportions. Sometimes, I smell sarcasm over that, but nothing is ever lovelier than a man humbly in love with a lady and knightly wooing her through way of love songs.
Maybe I tend to be a little cynic when I talk about it. Basically, while all good men are married, some of them do not even deserve the "gentleman" badge because I don't think a guy would still open and hold the door for you or carry your books for you to the fifth floor. One time even, I was entering the school library and this dude cut me off, and I was like, "Wow."
I'm cynic, because a part of me still believes that somehow, that somebody
is out there. Somebody who would sweep me off my feet and carry me away and I would totally not find that creepy at all. Somebody to yell at over petty things and hold close at the end of an impossible day; to watch FRIENDS with and to agree over disagreements: Ross or Joey?
I'm only twenty, but someday, when the perfect time comes, I'm gonna meet this guy at the end of the aisle, and he's gonna smile back at me the way I've always imagined he would.
He's gonna be:
1. a man after God's own heart. Who loves God more than anything. More than he'll ever love me.
2. family-oriented. Who honors and looks up to his dad. Adores his mom. Loves his siblings dearly.
3. a dreamer who has a great goal and focus in mind, and perseveres to attain it. Knows the value of work and diligence.
4. smart and funny. Knows how to carry on a good, meaningful conversation. Who loves to listen and learn new things and can tell the corniest joke ever alive, and still make me develop washboard abs just by laughing.
5. a music buff, and a HUGE one at that. Who can sing and play an instrument or two. Loves the oldies and the Beatles. And picks Hanson over the Moffats.
6. someone who has a big, swelling heart with compassion for people. Respects the waiter or the manong guard.
7. who loves kids. Sure to be the greatest, most awesome dad of my--our--kids.
8. who isn't stuck in an immature emo, hiphop type of scene. Abhors Nike refrigerator Supra shoes. Dresses well and respectably. Looks good in a white T-shirt.
9. The most gorgeous guy I'll ever meet in my entire life and he doesn't even have to work on it. Has the perfect smile to send the tingles in my spine.
10. Even if his breath painfully stinks in the morning, he knows how to make me feel the most blessed girl in the whole wide world, just waking up everyday beside him.
I know what they say about checklists and men not supposed to go together, but if I know what's perfect for myself, then how much more perfect can the guy God has for me be? I can't wait to meet him. Until then,
"Do not awaken love
until it so desires."
- Song of Songs 3:5
back to top?