kira
versus
the sea

artist/band: The Civil Wars
telly on: on everything Josh Hutcherson
soundtrack: Summer House - Gold Motel
flick: Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
book: Star Girl - Jerry Spinelli


"The fool looks at a finger that points to the sky."

- Amelie





You know I love you, don't be a fool.

hullo stranger



Kira de Ocampo. Singer-Songwriter. Creative Writing student in UP Diliman. I am basically a grandma inside a 21-year-old body.



Gmail | Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook | Myspace Music | Youtube | Facebook Music Page
10.19.2010 @ 12:19:00 AM
Do Not Awaken Love
Solomon's Song of Songs is romantic in epic proportions. Sometimes, I smell sarcasm over that, but nothing is ever lovelier than a man humbly in love with a lady and knightly wooing her through way of love songs.

Maybe I tend to be a little cynic when I talk about it. Basically, while all good men are married, some of them do not even deserve the "gentleman" badge because I don't think a guy would still open and hold the door for you or carry your books for you to the fifth floor. One time even, I was entering the school library and this dude cut me off, and I was like, "Wow."

I'm cynic, because a part of me still believes that somehow, that somebody is out there. Somebody who would sweep me off my feet and carry me away and I would totally not find that creepy at all. Somebody to yell at over petty things and hold close at the end of an impossible day; to watch FRIENDS with and to agree over disagreements: Ross or Joey?

I'm only twenty, but someday, when the perfect time comes, I'm gonna meet this guy at the end of the aisle, and he's gonna smile back at me the way I've always imagined he would.

He's gonna be:

1. a man after God's own heart. Who loves God more than anything. More than he'll ever love me.

2. family-oriented. Who honors and looks up to his dad. Adores his mom. Loves his siblings dearly.

3. a dreamer who has a great goal and focus in mind, and perseveres to attain it. Knows the value of work and diligence.

4. smart and funny. Knows how to carry on a good, meaningful conversation. Who loves to listen and learn new things and can tell the corniest joke ever alive, and still make me develop washboard abs just by laughing.

5. a music buff, and a HUGE one at that. Who can sing and play an instrument or two. Loves the oldies and the Beatles. And picks Hanson over the Moffats.

6. someone who has a big, swelling heart with compassion for people. Respects the waiter or the manong guard.

7. who loves kids. Sure to be the greatest, most awesome dad of my--our--kids.

8. who isn't stuck in an immature emo, hiphop type of scene. Abhors Nike refrigerator Supra shoes. Dresses well and respectably. Looks good in a white T-shirt.

9. The most gorgeous guy I'll ever meet in my entire life and he doesn't even have to work on it. Has the perfect smile to send the tingles in my spine.

10. Even if his breath painfully stinks in the morning, he knows how to make me feel the most blessed girl in the whole wide world, just waking up everyday beside him.


I know what they say about checklists and men not supposed to go together, but if I know what's perfect for myself, then how much more perfect can the guy God has for me be? I can't wait to meet him. Until then,

"Do not awaken love
until it so desires."
- Song of Songs 3:5
2 comments back to top?
monthly archive

April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 January 2010 February 2010 March 2010 April 2010 June 2010 October 2010 November 2010 March 2011 April 2011 May 2011 March 2012
recent entries

Are You a Ned Flanders? In The Sun No Not Remembering New Song! Evolution? Try Faith. What Ticks You? Face Book Dear Greta Nostalgia/Lame Title Brandon
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS